Sunday 16 May 2010

How much do you charge for your cartoons?


Anyone who knows me or this website knows that my standard fee for cartoons and illustrations is £20 per cartoon (hourly rate, if my sister phones and interrupts me then it could be quite a bit more), but I've noticed that many cartoonists are very secretive about what they charge for their cartoons.

I think this is the wrong way to conduct business. You wouldn't go to buy a fridge in a shop that didn't display the prices, would you, and therefore why should it be any different for cartoons? Cartoons are to business what fridges are to kitchens full of cheese that needs to be stopped from going smelly, unless it's a type of cheese that is supposed to be smelly, is the way I think of it. Sometimes I think of everything in terms of preserving cheese.

3 comments:

  1. I have nothing to add here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wish more people were like you Mr Bright, and if they had nothing to add would just say so in the comments section of this blog. It would do wonders for the Google rankings in the search term "I have nothing to add here".

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still have nothing to add.

    ReplyDelete