Wednesday 16 March 2011

Washing up liquid - a taste test.

Much has been said during history about the different flavours of washing up liquid. I'm here today to dispel some of the mystery surrounding the different flavours, and you help you, the listener to decide which one is the best for your own domestic situation.


Recently I had the great pleasure of sampling many different flavours of washing up liquid. This is NOT about dishwasher tables. You'll have to go elsewhere for something like that sort of thing!


I started my research with a bottle of Fairy, lemon flavour. After washing up a cup, I let it air dry for approximately 4 hours, before I made a cup of tea in it.


Tasting the tea, it tasted like tea.


Next I washed the same cup with Co-Op Mint flavour washing up liquid (with anti-bacterial agents). I deciding that leaving the cup each and every time for 4 hours to air dry would take far too long, so I used a Matalan Blue Check Tea towel this time to dry to cup and wait for the kettle to boil. (Rusell Hobs).


Tasting the tea, it tasted like tea. I was expecting it to taste like mint tea, but it did not taste like mint tea at all in the slightest.


I was about to test the Tesco Lavender flavour washing up liquid, when my wife/girlfriend came home from her job as an admin assistant for the local abattoir. She insisted on knowing why I had opened two new bottles of washing liquid, and was I going through that stage where I was mixing random household products again, and on, and on. and why hadn't I peeled the potatoes for the spag bol she had planned! (we don't like pasta in this house).


I decided it might be better to finish this experiment at a later day or date.

3 comments:

  1. Strange to say, Leonard, I've had tea which tasted like real dishwater. Y'know, that authentic dishwater flavour completely unsullied by poncy flavours like mint, lemon or original.

    Mind you, that was during the 1960's, when you could still buy stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did the spag bol taste?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It tasted a little potatoey if you must know. I prefer when she does a choclate biscuit platter, y'know, Viscount biscuits, club biscuits and what you have you. With my bowel complaint, I'm not allowed that much chocolate these days.

    Tomorrow it's her spinach surprise. I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete