Wednesday 1 December 2010

A great way to crate cartoons from photographs tutorial.

Here's a great tip to turn any photograph into a convincing and hilarious cartoon. Take a photo like this one of a boy holding a fish. Just an ordinary photo right? Wrong! It's also a cartoon!


Open the photo in photoshop or other such like photo manipulation program such as Windows Paint program.


Then you aplly one of the filters to it such as I thus did here (the fresco filter) - and hay presto you have a wonderful cartoon like image which is probably better than something a cartoonist could draw anyway.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for your kind comments Jo. If you'd like any more assistance with your projects then please allow me to know of it and I might be able to help.

    I think it's a really good idea to add your URL to blog comments. I'm going to take that from this and thus do this:

    www.talentfreecartoons.blogspot.com

    I think it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, but to me it's just a photo that looks a bit crap. I guess I come from an age when talent was important.

    I may have missed a point here (I am aware of the title - "talent free") but honestly, what's the point?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry again, I've read a few more of your posts - this is obviously a spoof site. Apologies, I thought it was serious about comedy (I appreciate that's a tautology).

    However, if this is at all supposed to be genuine - try spending some time learning how to use basic grammar (apostrophes, anyone?) and check out the idea of humour - ie that it's supposed to be funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you kindly Dave Leeke for taking the time to leave a comment (or two on this blog).

    I will give your suggestions serious consideration, but I can't go below £20. That's my final offer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Lynne Truss book "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" is worth reading - it teaches people how to use punctuation properly. You can buy it for £1.99 in The Works. As an added bonus, you don't need to be intelligent to read it.

    Also, she uses humour in a way that makes people laugh. Not just the writer.

    Don't worry, I won't visit the site again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may well asked for that book for Christmas from one of my many friends in the street.

    Thanks for your input Dave. I'm sorry you won't be visiting the site again.

    ReplyDelete