Sunday 9 January 2011

New Year. New Cartoons.

Well I do hope you all had a very nice Christmas (Xmas). I know that I did. Lovely time with the family, but sadly for the world of cartoons not much time to draw in-between peeling sprouts and being a busy mother of two. This led me to think about the meaning of Christmas more and more this year. What's it all for? Well apart from the wonderful gifts I received, including a lovely bumper pack of Gel pens from WHSMITHS from my partner. They are still in the wrapper with the giant Toblarone (Chocolate) bar, but I intend to put them to good use very soon.


Unsurprisingly the commissions for cartoons dried up somewhat over the Christmas season of Wintevil. At first I feared this might have something to do with the recession we keep reading so much about in the Daily Mail and other such places suchlike. But it seems those in the market for a cartoon, were also enjoying the Christmas (Xmas) holiday season too as well.


Here's a cartoon of my eldest opening his favourite Christmas (Xmas) present, which is what Christmas (Xmas) is all about really: 

2 comments:

  1. Your eldest what? Happy New Yaar, Loernad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eldest Son Mr bright. Do I have to write everything so obviously Mr Bright??? The key to comedy is for people to be able to work out the punchline themselves and describing everything in fine detail doesn't make for hilarious cartoons.

    I thought you would have known this, all the years you have been drawing cartoons.

    Anyway, Happy New Year to you to. I've got a feeling this year is going to be a massive year for alternative hilarious cartoons like what you and I produce this year.

    ReplyDelete